Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Good Guy Gets What He Deserves

No I'm not claiming to "know" Jered Weaver, but I am claiming to have gotten to spend a few minutes with him along with his manager Mike Sciosia and Dallas native, Torii Hunter, who caught the 27th fly out of Weaver's no no last night.

My moment came last September 11 when I was invited to throw out the ceremonial first pitch as one of the responders who did what we do ten years earlier.  The Angels were playing the Yankees and if you were looking for the definition of class act you would look up "Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles" in the dictionary as Tim Mead and his crew were amazing to both me and my family.

It only figures that good things would happen to people in his organization as they are good people.

P.S. If you are watching the standings, don't.  They don't matter today nearly as much as they will at the end of September and the Halos will be where they belong then.

No comments:

Post a Comment