Saturday, January 14, 2012

Predictions NFL Style, Part Deux

Okay, so four for four is a pretty good start to the post season, let's see where we go from here.

I do not want to be disrespectful to the City of an Francisco, but as good as your defense is I have to give the ball to Drew Brees one more time. He avoided the pass rush of Detroit and I think Sean Payton will have a plan for the 49ers attack as well though I suspect this game will be closer, but I am still taking the Saints.

In Denver at New England, I am torn. As much as I would like to see Tebow succeed and as porous a defense as New England has how do you vote against the Patriots. Well, despite the line, I am going with the Broncos. Somehow I see the Broncos containing Brady in Foxboro and the offense doing just enough against a defense which is not the Steel Curtain by any means.

On the other hand, while I wanted Houston to win it all at Caesar's earlier this year I just don't think Yates can hold up against Ray Lewis and his colleague Suggs. We will see. Flacco of course, though a better version of Trent Dilfer, will do just enough to win it.

That brings us to Giants-Packers. As a Packers stockholder I guess I have to go with the Pack, but the game becomes more interesting if weather becomes a factor. As weather increases (i.e. it gets worse) the more likely points go down and if this game becomes something other than a shootout, I think the edge goes to the Giant's D.

Have a great weekend of football and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment