Monday, January 9, 2012

Predictions NFL Style

As we head into weekend playoff games, I am not a usual prognosticator, but here goes...

Houston will beat Cincinnati. How do I know? Well, they have to this weekend as I bet on them to win a Super Bowl back in August believing that the pattern would continue of good offenses and new Defensive Coordinators would win it for them. Houston has had no problem scoring the past several years, but their defense took a giant step forward with the addition of Wade Phillips in his correct role, DC.

While I like the story of a resurgent Lions team, it like it's home city, will not survive the South. Drew Brees has a ridiculous offense and an ability to get points on the board. A turnover here or there will doom the Lions.

There is no question at this point that the Giants are clicking and will make the Falcons look bad. The Falcons as interesting a pick as they are have a head coach who does well at home, but is average on the road and is winless in the post season. The Giants, after the Cowboys game that got them in the post season, just look like they want it all.

Finally, and call me a Jesus freak if you will, but I am going Tim Tebow and the Broncos. Here's what I know, Tim knows who he is and doesn't self doubt that at all regardless of the professional pundocracy that thinks otherwise. More importantly, Mr. Upstanding himself, Big Ben, has a bad wheel and I am not sure he will be mobile enough to avoid the Bronco pass rush. On the other side of the ball, the Steelers will be without Ryan Clark due to his sickle cell condition. I hate to think that a single player can make a difference, but I think you could see just that in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment